Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Things change...
So it's been a few days since I last updated here, but geez lots of things have happened and there are lots of things to update on.
Well this weekend we finally got the first payment for the bike! YAY! Michael is selling it (FINALLY) and the guy is paying off our loan for us and then it's his! YAY! (I'm excited can you tell?) We were also able to consolidate some of our other debts and get a lower payment AND a lower interest rate so we will be able to pay some things off much sooner than before. These things are a true, true blessing due to the events that followed on Tuesday.
Well, a little back story, the company I have been working for is a new start up company and for the past 3 weeks we have been down due to a machine being down. Meaning I had less to do than normal, which was nothing. Well I got to work yesterday morning (in Greenville, meaning I drove an hour to work unknowingly) and was informed by the president that it was no longer working out and that there was nothing for me to do so therefore they could no longer keep me. He apologized several times, as well as took fault for it in that they brought me on too soon, but still it sucks. Why has my job luck been so bad? This is the third layoff in a year... seriously. I don't want to question because I know that God has a plan, but considering the past year and a half, it's been so hard not to. So please keep me in your prayers that I will be able to find something soon. Thankfully due to selling the bike and consolidating some debt and being tight with our money we are financially OK that if it takes time we will manage. But I pray, and I hope you will too, that I will be able to find something soon and we can continue to do well.
As if losing my job was not a bad enough day, Michael and I were eating dinner with his parents last night and I get a phone call from my parents informing me that my cousin (my dad's nephew) had passed away. I was unaware that he had been in the hospital for the past 2 weeks, and yesterday he said he was tired. A little after 6pm he passed. They are hoping to hold the receiving of friends and funeral tomorrow, so please keep my family in your prayers.
On a lighter note, I was able to have natural conversation with my FMIL last night and we were able to get onto the same page on many of our issues. I'm so glad that we were able to spend time with them last night because lately things have been so strained and it felt good to have good quality time with them.
Unfortunately, we did have to wake up this morning to the announcement of a new president. Did we need change? Yes, but I don't feel that he was the one for the job. I have my opinions and backing for such, but I won't get into that here. There is nothing that can be done about it now, and I just pray that God takes control and watches over our country. I ask that each and every one of you pray, pray, pray, and pray until you can no more for our country and what the future holds for the country, us who live in it, and those who fight to protect it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment