Wednesday, June 8, 2011

What's the Big Deal?

So last night I was reading an amazing blog, Craving Simplicity. She is down-right, completely, undoubtedly, certifiably AMAZING! She is the reason I have revamped my blog to follow us on our journey to organization and financial freedom along with a few other journeys thrown in (like the never ending weight journey, but that’s another post and YES I need to update you all on that part too!).
So back to last night, so I’m ready about her awesome recipe for making your own laundry detergent! Not only is it better for the environment, but it is also safer for you and CHEAP! Click here for the recipe and to see the things she found when researching laundry detergent.

So back to last night, again… Well I was reading said above blog post and getting excited about the chance to save money! Hubby was too not so much. “What’s the big deal?” he asks. The Big Deal?!? Well uhhh, compared to the detergent we currently buy (usually the cheapest on the shelf, but this month is ALL Free and Clear) we would save $3-$4 a bottle! Sure that doesn’t seem like a lot, but when you add that savings up over a year and add it to the other things we are going to be doing to save money… IT ADDS UP!

Which leads me to my point, just because doing one thing seems mundane and you think that the savings really isn’t that much and you ask yourself, “What’s the point?” remember that just because it’s only $3-$4 a bottle, it’s an additional amount of money in your pocket and regardless of how much or how little it is, any additional money in MY pocket is a great thing to me!

I haven’t made her recipe yet because we are still working on the bottle we have, and that’s not saving money if we throw out what we have before it’s done, but I will update you when I do and let you know what I think!

What are you doing to help save you money??

No comments: